The Bee Hive

Sometimes it's honey; sometimes it's sting...

Monday, October 17, 2005

MONIKER!

Here is a close-up of buZ blurr's moniker I spotted yesterday on my way home from my meeting. I was really happy to finally find one, since trains are pretty scarce around our whole area. You'll have to click on it to be able to see it, and even then it's not too plain, and I can't read the wording on this one, but it's there. buZ, if you read this, would you leave a comment with what the wording is?
Today was a typically busy Sunday morning. Zach and I got there early and he swept the long walkway on one 'L' of the classroom building. I felt like I was moving, with everything I had to haul in to the breakfast/conference room and then distribute to my office, the classrooms and everywhere else things had to go. For once, I think I got everything done that I needed to do, on all fronts. Before Mass, I talked to Diana and she said she would be glad to take the Pre-K/K class that morning. After Mass, I caught Mr. Hernandez, and he agreed to play the guitar music for the nine days (evenings) of the Posada Dec. 16 through 24! YAY!!!! So this year, I will again organize it, and hopefully it will go well.
I gave my two talks to the gathered classes during breakfast, and before they broke into separate classrooms, and they went well too. We even had 3 more students register this morning. I took the junior high group and we had class in my office, although it is getting kind of crowded.
Tony was there this morning, recovered from what he was last week. He has diabetes and his counts were dangerously low last Sunday. He took care of a lot of the administrative stuff for me, ran lots of errands and even emptied the trash from my office and the breakfast room, and did most of the pick up/clean up in the breakfast room.
All of the classes are going to be making turkey boxes filled with food, for the elderly shut-ins of our parish, and the pre-K/K group got started on one this morning, after their storytime and discussion time. I want to take photos when they are finished. They are going to be so cute.

2 Comments:

At 10/17/2005 11:26 AM, Blogger Wanda said...

Ash, a moniker is a small picture 'signature', like the old hobos used. Nowadays, (I think.) it is mostly outsider/folk artists, writers, and those interested in this form of art that do this. Here is a link or two:
http://www.roadtocolossus.com/
http://www.graffiti.org/streaks/freight_monikers_1.html
Buz's moniker in the photo is the profile of the cowboy with a big hat, with his beard blowing back in the strong wind.

 
At 10/17/2005 11:26 PM, Blogger buZ blurr said...

Nope, I can't make out the caption to the icon. Sorry. This form is being whipped out by the spray-painting hordes now that it is so trendy. As you can see this one is covered somewhat by spray, although that is not the reason I can't make out the writing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home