The Bee Hive

Sometimes it's honey; sometimes it's sting...

Wednesday, July 08, 2009

HYDROPONIC GARDENING

This may be what my fall garden will look like. Stewart has been urging me to get into hydroponics since our ride home from the airport a few days ago. It seemed way complicated at first, but I've been reading quite a bit about it online, and I think it just might be do-able for me. The 'no weeding' and the higher level of the plants does have its' appeal.
He said he absolutely doesn't want any set-up like this. Nothing put together with crap, discards or anything like that. He knows me pretty well.
Although I don't see what is so bad about this one that uses 2 ltr. plastic soda bottles.
He might not mind me having something like this, but I agree that the first one - his prefered set-up - looks better and is probably easier, although surely more expensive. Actually, I am pretty intriqued with the whole idea.

Stewart is really doing a lot around here while he's home. He has installed lots of things on our new computer, and is working on our old one to try to get it fixed for us. He put his fairly newly acquired house on Craig's List to be sold and moved off his property, contracted to get his land cleared, and our highway property along with it, and is now redoing my art studio. He and Zachary have been clearing all the stuff out of it, rewiring it, installing an air conditioner and will add insulation and new walls tomorrow. He also plans to put a cabinet and sink in there for washing paint brushes, etc. I absolutely can't wait until it is done, so I can use it! Hopefully everything will get done before he has to return to Baghdad. He sure is good to his mom. :)

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 7/09/2009 2:29 PM, Anonymous flowersun said...

love following your look see into hydroponics! Might be a great answer to easier and more fruitful gardening.

 
At 7/10/2009 3:08 PM, Blogger Tina Leavy said...

you may want to look up a company called vertigro.com they have very nice hydroponic kits.just type in vertigro.com on google and you should be able to get to the website.

 
At 7/10/2009 8:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where can I find a son like Stewart???

Jan

 

Post a Comment

<< Home