The Bee Hive

Sometimes it's honey; sometimes it's sting...

Friday, June 19, 2009

DELICIOUS VEGGIES, SAUSAGE AND RICE


I got this recipe from http://beccasgardenspot.blogspot.com/. It looked like a great way to get lots of different veggies into a meal. I made mine a little different than hers, since I substituted a couple of things. Frequently that gets me in trouble, but this time it was really, really good.

Here's my version: Cut up 1 yellow squash, 1 Mexican squash, 2 cloves of garlic, 1 bell pepper and 1 ring of smoked sausage. Saute them in olive oil until the veggies are 'al-dente'. Sprinkle with red pepper flakes, file' and salt, then serve over rice. It sounds almost too simple, but we absolutely loved it.

Be sure to stop by Becca's blog and check out her version.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home