The Bee Hive

Sometimes it's honey; sometimes it's sting...

Thursday, June 11, 2009

MUSHROOMS OR TOADSTOOLS?


I noticed this huge mushroom ring behind the studio the other day, so got Mathieu to stand in it for a photo. Okay, it's a terrible photo, but how else would I get a picture of the whole ring. This reminds me of many of the photos taken forty or so years ago when 'Kodaks' were popular to take photos of the kids out in the yard - line the kids up 20 yards away and have them all squint into the sun. Anyway, it must have been a really big mushroom that was growing there at one time to have 'poofed' it's spores that far around it.

Here's a close-up of one of the mushrooms and some moss rose that is growing by it. Wouldn't it be great if these were edible. I've always been told that none of the fungi in our area are edible; that they are poisonous. I'm going to google South Texas edible mushrooms and see what I can find, though.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 6/11/2009 3:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh for Heaven's sake....DON'T EAT THE MUSHROOMS!!!!

LOL the picture-taking of long ago. You couldn't have given a better description. Brings back lots of memories, huh? *still LOLing*

Jan

 
At 6/11/2009 11:08 PM, Blogger Keith Petrus said...

For God's sake, don't eat those things!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home