The Bee Hive

Sometimes it's honey; sometimes it's sting...

Saturday, June 06, 2009

FARMER'S MARKET

Beeville has a farmer's market on the first Saturday of each month. It just started last month. Last month I got two plants and some squash. This month there were fewer craft sellers and a good deal more vegetable, farm produce, plant and herb sellers. There were a few more baked goods stands too. I forgot my camera in the car, so took this photo on the way out, from behind the whole thing.
Here is what I got this time: squash at 3/$1.00, onions at 3/$1.00, bell peppers at 2/$1.00, a baggie of cilantro for $1.00, and a Mexican Fire Plant for $6.00. The veggie lady gave me her card. Her family sells veggies, plants and baked goods north of town on the highway. Oh - and all of her vegetables were marked as grown naturally without chemicals, which is a definate bonus! The three books I got for $1.70-something at the Goodwill Store. I had plastic store bags to drop off for them to reuse, and didn't even intend to look, but...

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 6/06/2009 12:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You didn't tell us the titles of the books. Everything looks so nice. I've got to find a farmers market close by. (I say that every year.)

Jan

 
At 6/06/2009 12:33 PM, Blogger Wanda said...

Hi Jan! :) You can click the photo and it enlarges to screen size, then sometimes you can read titles, etc. Hmmm... I wonder if that business card can be read, then. I'll have to check. Anyway, the books are: Marian's Favorite Bible Stories by Marian Schoolland, published in 1948, Collins Spanish-English Englis-Spanish Dictionary, and Crossing Myself: A Story of Spiritual Rebirth by Greg Garrett (snazzy name, right?) Mathieu already read most of the first story in the Bible Story book. One reason I got it, is that it looked like something he'd be able to read, and then he would get more reading practice. It has really nice full page, full color illustrations, too. I got the dictionary because it was a handy (ha'bil, co'modo) size and the other book sounded interesting. I am reading it now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home