The Bee Hive

Sometimes it's honey; sometimes it's sting...

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

HISTORICAL ARTIFACTS AND FAST SPORTS CARS


My friend Paulette and I are both into area history and so she brought these two pieces and the accompanying newspaper article with her when she came for lunch today. They were found on the Boales place south of Skidmore many years ago. They were dug up during planting. The one is a projectile that was fired from a cannon during an apparent skirmish between the Mexican and the Republic of Texas army during the days of the war. The other is a really mysterious ornament that no one really has the whole story to, yet. What was it a part of? How was it worn? Is it Aztec? What was it for? Hopefully someday she will have some answers.

She has an absolute treasury of fascinating family stories and other Black History stories of unrelated, ordinary people living their lives in days long ago.


Look at her really, REALLY cool car! It's a Chrysler Crossfire. I absolutely love it! Her kids told her she was crazy to buy it, two years ago, but she figured she put in enough years being safe and sensible, that she might as well do something she just wanted to do. It makes her happy, and I can certainly understand that.

2 Comments:

At 2/19/2009 12:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You tell Paulette that you have another friend that also thinks she has a really, really cool car and completely understands the need to shed that ole 'safe & sensible' persona at a certain age! I love my sports car too and I may look like an overweight, over the hill, grandmother going down the road but from my perspective I'm a skinny, 26 yr old hottie again! How is Coconut doing? L. Joe is at home for awhile and doing better. Love ya! La'Nelle

 
At 2/20/2009 10:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My mom has always been a true hotti but now she has the hot wheels to go with the look! Love you mom! Your San Diego babygirl!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home