The Bee Hive

Sometimes it's honey; sometimes it's sting...

Saturday, February 07, 2009

MARIACHIS!

I went to some friends' anniversary dinner and dance tonight. Of course, I didn't dance since 1. I am very clumsy and graceless and 2. I am supposed to be sitting with my leg elevated for at least another week. But I guess there is a limit to how long even I can stay home. So I went to the anniversary dinner and dance and had a good time. There were mariachis, a video of the couple's life together, a DJ and good food and good friends. The mariachis moved from table to table playing and singing before and during the meal. I got this photo, which is not very good, but I was sitting at a table with a (shunned) Amish family and didn't know what the protocol was for photos, so made sure I didn't get any of them in it. So it cut the photo kind of close. Rebecca and I continued our discussion about gardening from the last time we were at a party together. Later, Ezra pulled a digital camera out of his pocket and took some photos of the party, so I guess they are fairly relaxed in their lifestyle these days, although their property adjoins the regular Amish that they lived and worked with previously. They'd have to be pretty relaxed to attend a dance and party in a Catholic parish hall, I guess. They don't dance, though, but they do quietly visit and enjoy themselves.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 2/08/2009 1:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Parties, mariachis, Amish friends.....dang! You have a more exciting life that I do here in the big city.

Jan

 
At 2/08/2009 1:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Leg? Elevated?? what happened to the leg??? I agree with Jan-- don't ever leave us alone so long with a snake. A chicken or something along those lines-- but then, since I don't blog at all, just read yours, I suppose I have no right to complain.
La'Nelle

 
At 2/08/2009 8:38 AM, Blogger Wanda said...

Yes, sorry about that. ;) I neglect my blog so much, that you are often stuck with the same picture for quite a while. Sorry it was a rattlesnake this last time.
I took two bad falls recently, both focusing on my right knee. The second one really messed it up.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home