The Bee Hive

Sometimes it's honey; sometimes it's sting...

Friday, February 06, 2009

I COOKED LUNCH!

Not that I don't cook somewhat often, these days, but I used an actual recipe this time.

This is New England Steak Milanese which I got from Cookbook Junkie's blog a few days ago. http://cookbookjunkie.blogspot.com/ I read her blog daily despite not really being into cooking so much. I enjoy reading cookbooks and cooking blogs more than actually cooking. She gave the Steak Milanese a 'Just Okay' rating, but it looked so good, I had to try it anyway.
I did make a few changes, since I don't use store-bought sauces, and I already had seasoned Italian crumbs instead of plain ones. I made just a regular red sauce (crushed tomatoes, minced garlic, basil and oregano. I liked it fairly well, although I doubt I'll make it much, unless I just have the crumbs and sauce already on hand. Chuck said it was good, although he drenched his in A-I sauce, which to me, tastes close to kerosene.
But I used a family size package of steaks, so the best news is that there is enough left over for dinner tonight, too.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 2/06/2009 2:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so thankful that you posted another picture. I'm tired of getting creeped out by the pic of that snake every time I check in. Of course you know how much I love snakes! :/ Did you keep it there on purpose?

Kerosene! LOL!!

Your snake hating sister, Jan

 
At 2/06/2009 2:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just went back and checked that recipe on CBJ and....ahem,.....hers certainly does look better than yours. Payback for the snake picture!

Huggies, Jan

 

Post a Comment

<< Home