The Bee Hive

Sometimes it's honey; sometimes it's sting...

Saturday, June 13, 2009

CO-OP MEAL

Reagan was barbequing Thursday, so Chuck asked if we could bring some chicken over to cook on the pit. I seasoned some chicken quarters and took them across the way. Then I looked in my Old San Patricio cookbook for a Mexican Rice recipe. I found one and it called for 10 cloves of garlic, which seemed excessive, but I added all 8 of the ones I had, which still seemed excessive. I added fresh cilantro, too, in addition to the comino the recipe specified. Oh - and I didn't have any tomato sauce, so I added a part of a can of tomato soup. It turned out okay, but WAY too garlicky. I think 4 garlic cloves would have done it.
I sent 3/4 of the rice over to them and they sent us 4 of their pork loin 'steaks'. It was really, really good.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 6/13/2009 1:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wish I had been there!

Jan

 

Post a Comment

<< Home