The Bee Hive

Sometimes it's honey; sometimes it's sting...

Thursday, September 27, 2007

SENT AND RECEIVED

I just finished putting the finishing touches on this cat I crocheted. It was gone in the mail a few minutes later to my partner in a Handmade Halloween Stuffie swap via Swap-bot. It was fun, but I think I am through with crocheting for awhile, except for a few more acorn amigurumis, maybe.
On the LEFT is the Halloween altered, filled matchbox that went off to my partner yesterday. I wish the photo would have turned out better. You can't see the details. I sent some extras too, including this skull eraser that I liked so much, I had to include in the photo. My partner likes faeries (fairies?), so I found a picture of faeries with a crow-drawn pumpkin wagon for the top.
The other matchbox is the one I received in the same swap. Cute, huh? The ghost is a foamie and with the grosgrain ribbon it is very textural. It is filled with a LOT of Halloween figural confetti, buttons, tiny collage elements, etc. Thanks, LauraM540!
In other swap news, I got a zine! and three vintage postcards from Nicole Introvert from a one-on-one swap tag today. The zine appears to be awesome and is long and crammed full of words and pictures. I am off to read it now. THANKS, Nicole!!!

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 10/02/2007 2:58 PM, Blogger Nan said...

I'm not big on Halloween decorations, but I do love the fall weather! I really don't decorate much at any occasion other then Christmas, but I always enjoy seeing everyone else's, I think the work you did on the kitty is cute! Good Job!

 
At 10/12/2007 2:48 AM, Blogger Wanda said...

Thanks, nan! I decorate for everything a lot less than I used to. For Halloween, I mostly just decorate outside with scarecrows, and a grouping of pumpkins.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home