The Bee Hive

Sometimes it's honey; sometimes it's sting...

Friday, September 07, 2007

HENRIETTA, EGLANTINE AND WYNONA

Meet Bob the chicken man. I drove to the old Bluntzer community late this afternoon, and there he was with his chickens....and rabbits...and ducks...and doves...and who knows what all else. The only full grown chickens he had were Bantams, so I got pullets instead...which are half-grown hens. He had Rhode Island Reds, Black Lace Wyandottes, Auraconas and Silver something or others and maybe more that I don't remember. I got his only two Arauconas and a Black Lace Wyandotte for $3.50 each. I had sort of decided to get more than three, but he didn't take checks and I only had $10.50 on me. Poor planning on my part. After that, I went to a nearby feed store, which naturally does take checks, and got some chicken feed.
Then I brought them home and stashed them in the rabbit cage...uh, I mean the 'chicken house'. Unfortunately, the dogs were even twice as excited about all this than I thought they'd be. Wish me luck!

4 Comments:

At 9/07/2007 11:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, congratulations, new "Mommie". I wish all of you the best. :)

Jan

 
At 9/08/2007 6:52 PM, Blogger Amy Guobadia said...

Good Luck! I can't wait to see them full grown.

 
At 9/09/2007 10:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My girls and I have always wanted a pet duck raised from a little duckling. If played with from the beggining, they usually end up as tame as a puppy or cat.
Laura

 
At 9/09/2007 11:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bob the Chicken Man could surely have a seasonal job as Santa Claus, couldn't he?

Jan

 

Post a Comment

<< Home