The Bee Hive

Sometimes it's honey; sometimes it's sting...

Thursday, August 16, 2007

DOLLS AND BONES

I visited a friend the other day, and enjoyed seeing her doll collection. These are only a few of them. She has several shelves and bookcases full of them. They are all fabric dolls. I gave her the cow doll, which was one that my daughter made one time.
This was my favorite because it is made from an embroidered pillowcase.
But what was even more interesting was her son's collection of fossilized bones. Most of these are teeth from a wooley mammoth. They are really BIG. Don't be fooled by the fact that they are in a bowl. The bowl is a HUGE pottery one.

In the comment in my last entry, I was reminded that I had dropped the Question of the Day. What can I say? I had forgotten all about them. Ummmm..... okay. Okay! I have one.
Question of the Day:What kind of interesting things have you found or dug up from the ground?

2 Comments:

At 8/17/2007 12:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Finally a "question of the day" and I don't have an interesting answer.lol...
Laura

 
At 8/17/2007 1:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Laura, you forgot about the snake you found on the patio this morning! Eeeeeeeek.

I barricaded myself and Phredd in my bedroom in case it slithered in the house. Eeeeewww. I hate snakes.

Jan

 

Post a Comment

<< Home