The Bee Hive

Sometimes it's honey; sometimes it's sting...

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

DANGER!!!! TRESPASSER!!!

This is what Coconut confronted in the backyard this morning. This female (I think.) turtle was inside the fence up against it, hiding in the grass. Coconut sounded the alarm and bravely kept it from attacking or breaking into the house.
We had a huge thunderstorm last night around midnight. It lasted about 40 minutes or so. I finally had to get up with Carl, who was terrified. Patti-Jo was really scared too. I had to sit in the recliner so they could burrow in behind it and hide. Even then, they were very nervous. Coconut just sat on the couch, occasionally getting behind the curtain to look outside, and wondered what was the matter with the two big dogs. As I am typing this, we are having another thunderstorm, although not as intense as the one last night. When I went to town earlier, the Aransas was WAY up again. I wonder if it will be over the bridge later?
QUESTION OF THE DAY:Are your animals afraid of bad weather?

2 Comments:

At 7/24/2007 10:43 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Wow, that was one epic storm alright. This has been a crazy summer with virtually non-stop rain. I need waders just to walk out to my garden. Global warming? Make it stop.

 
At 7/25/2007 2:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Wish we had a dog as brave as Coconut. Just be careful he doesn't step in an anthole and break a leg!

Phredd isn't overly afraid of storms, but he does stick close.

Jan

 

Post a Comment

<< Home