The Bee Hive

Sometimes it's honey; sometimes it's sting...

Sunday, August 05, 2007

HAND-CARVED STAMP IMAGES

Recently, a letterboxer contacted me about my two micro-boxes near Marble Falls. Currently, I think, one is missing completely and the other is still there, but the stamp from it is missing. They asked what the Lost Marbles stamp had looked like, so I said I'd post the image on my blog as soon as I found my log book.
Anyway, Lost Marbles and Sweet Berry are the ones stamped in purple. Looking back, I don't know why I didn't use red and green to stamp the strawberry. Multi-color would have been nice for the marbles, too. I have several stamps that have not even been placed into boxes yet.
Looking in my log book at pages and pages of stamps I have carved and stamps from letterboxes I've found, and stamps from exchanges made at gatherings really makes me wonder why I don't letterbox any more. It deals with all kinds of things I like - nature, native plants, trees, history, interesting places, art, carving stamps, messing with color/ink, even journaling, which is how my logbook started out...heavy journaling plus photos of my/our letterboxing excursions. Maybe it has to do with laziness and lack of stamina? For some reason, I just really don't like going anywhere any more. I don't have what is it.... 'agoraphobia'? Or panic attacks (ha!) or anything like that. It's just that I truly love staying home and playing around with my stuff at home - um...yeah...video games (all manner of Sims, Viva Pinata, etc.) - but also my herb garden, the dogs, artwork, internet, doing the reading/planning/organizing D.R.E. thing - just things like that. I go to church at least a couple times a week, go out to eat with friends 3-4 times a week, and go shopping in Beeville when I can't put it off any more, and shopping in Corpus Christi when I really, REALLY need to (or am there for something else), and pick up my granddaughter or return her to Corpus when I need to, but that is the extent of it, for the most part. Oh, well - I'm happy....but, darn, this log book is nagging at me.
QUESTION OF THE DAY: What hobbies or interests have you given up?

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 8/05/2007 1:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sewing, needlework, reading and gardening. I can't understand how I used to fit it in, I can't seem to now.

Jan

 
At 8/05/2007 6:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dancing/theater Oh, and my husband.lol
Laura

 

Post a Comment

<< Home