The Bee Hive

Sometimes it's honey; sometimes it's sting...

Thursday, September 06, 2007

MATCHBOX ART

In addition to the pinata, I sent off this today for a Matchbox Swap. It's the first time I've decorated a matchbox, and actually had only heard of such a thing about a month ago. It was a lot of fun to do. The idea is to alter a matchbox to the swap theme or else to your partner's preferences, then fill it with things (tiny, naturally) that your partner will like. My partner for this one loves pink, black, geishas, kawaii and gothic lolita among other things. Who would have thought I could art it up to match ALL of those themes! I'm not into any of those things and I LOVE the look of this matchbox, so I hope she will too. I am really tempted to make one just like it for myself.

2 Comments:

At 9/07/2007 10:09 AM, Blogger Catherine Louise Brown said...

Hi Wanda,

I have been enjoying your blog several times today. You write in such detail!

I am awarding your a shimmery silver star. I really love your creative work aswell!

Regards, Citty Lou x x x

 
At 9/14/2007 4:56 PM, Blogger Jules of Whimsicalnotions blog said...

I love doing matchboxes too so fun.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home