The Bee Hive

Sometimes it's honey; sometimes it's sting...

Friday, August 17, 2007

HALLOWEEN IN AUGUST

This is what I bought on our shopping trip Tuesday. I bought some other small things too, but this is what 'floated my boat'. I love this style of vintage Halloween decorations. Of course, this is just one of the many reproductions on the market now, and that is fine with me. I think I would rather have something that is shiney-new and that I don't have to worry over. My favorite Halloween motifs are vintage-look things like this, pumpkins and jack-o-lanterns (and other veggie people), black cats, and just orange and black together. Shabree and I have watched a series of Halloween movies on the Disney channel several times since last Halloween. I think the names of the movies were Halloweentown, Halloweentown 2, etc. although I am not really sure. Anyway, I like that style too. The odd clothes that are definately Halloweenish, but bright and friendly. I really hate the evil and gory stuff.
Question of the Day: (I remembered, Laura! And I know you can answer this one.) What is your Halloween style or your favorite/least favorite motifs?

3 Comments:

At 8/17/2007 8:30 PM, Blogger Amy Guobadia said...

My least favorite motifs is the killer clown thing. I am so scared of them. Ekkk!

 
At 8/17/2007 10:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As far as Halloween costumes go, i LOVE funny costumes and a group(family) as a theme. One year my family talked about being garden insects(butterfly, ladybug, snail, etc.) and my husband said he wanted to be a dung beetle. As far as decorations go, I like classic stuff like witch cauldrons, skeletons, jack-o-lanterns, etc.
Laura

 
At 8/18/2007 7:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I forgot. One year I had the idea to have the whole family dressed in the "Wizard of Oz" theme.(something else that didn't come to fruition) It would have been the three older kids as the scarecrow, tin man and lion, me as the wicked witch, Aleni(she was a baby at the time) as Toto, and...my husband as Dorothy. I just think those hairy legs in that dress and "ruby slippers" would have been hilarious!!
Laura

 

Post a Comment

<< Home