The Bee Hive

Sometimes it's honey; sometimes it's sting...

Friday, September 14, 2007

SWAPS, FINDS AND DISASTER

First of all, here is what came in the mail yesterday and today - a Halloween altered box from Gatorsmom and a pendant necklace from Classy Chica, both via Swap-Bot swaps. Thanks ladies! I appreciate them both. And in the last picture the two postcards - one from Copenhagen and other from Stockholm were from Felicia who has a blog and generously offered to send postcards during her European vacation to anyone commenting that they would like one. THANKS, Felicia!

Last night I realized that my driver's license had expired on my birthday, so as much as I hated to, I went to the DPS this afternoon and got it renewed...which turned out to be a whole lot easier than I thought it would. In order to bribe myself to get up and go do it, I decided to go to the Goodwill Store while I was in Beeville. Besides, inpired by the new tv show, Tim Gunn's Guide to Style, I had gone through my closet last night about 1a.m., and filled up a leaf and lawn bag with clothes I don't wear any more. So I took them in and bought this stuff instead.
I had been looking for an old-fashioned overnight case to alter for a long time. This one will be perfect. It's even got a big mirror in it....which as you can see, I didn't clean yet. Then I got two older hand-crocheted collars, for someone who likes old, frilly, lacey things, to go with a swap that I am putting together. Then there was this book - Old King William (KY) Homes and Families - a genealogy tome that I'll probably sell on eBay. Last was a single vintage dessert plate in a cute yellow, brown and white plaid pattern. Oh, and in back is a red plaid pillow sham that I got during my previous trip to Goodwill, to re-cover one of the dog beds.
Now for the disaster... This afternoon suddenly, I couldn't get into my Hotmail OR my Swap-Bot account! On Hotmail, I keep getting a message that says I have to have cookies enabled. On Swap-Bot it just plain doesn't recognize me...also a cookie issue, I'm sure. So I have gone through the 'normal' procedures for allowing cookies, and it is still set the way it was all along (to allow cookies)... I have restarted, run a scan, set, unset, set again and everything else I can think of, to no avail. If anyone has any ideas, please post them here in the comments.
So Jan and anyone else who emailed me, I am not getting your messages and I can't email you back. Swap-Bot people, if you are reading this, I have not dropped out, I just can't get into the site any more.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 9/14/2007 8:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH, NO!!! Does this mean I have to pick up the phone and call you?

Jan

 
At 9/14/2007 4:53 PM, Blogger Jules of Whimsicalnotions blog said...

wow i will ask my husband for you when he gets home hes my its broken fix it man.Love your blog
i will be back,you are so crafty
and love the goodwill who wouldnt love you lol
Hugs
Jullie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home