The Bee Hive

Sometimes it's honey; sometimes it's sting...

Thursday, November 03, 2005

WEARY WEDNESDAY

Tonight's obligatory photo is of my third scarecrow of the season. I love that old, clunky, rusty bike. This is the second or third scarecrow to ride it, over the years. It has also served as a trellis for my alamo vine, and planter (before the large handlebar basket rusted off) for flowers. A few years ago, I mentioned in my newspaper column that I was looking for an old bike to use for a scarecrow display. A kind, elderly lady I've known ever since I was born, called and offered me this one that had been sitting in her garage for ages. I also received several 'anonymous' bikes that got 'donated' in my yard under cover of darkness on several different occassions. LOL!
I'm exhausted tonight. Today was a busy and tiring day. I just inexplicably ran out of steam early in the afternoon. I went to the parish office this morning to get some things done, then Lydia and I had lunch at the cafe. Afterwards we took a quick drive to the cemetery, so she could see it. I had to go to town too, and that took too much time for too little accomplished...and gave me a headache that I still can't shake. I cooked dinner to leave on the stove for Chuck, while I went to evening Mass and the parish council meeting afterwards. There is so much going on this time of year. All very good things, but would I be a Scrooge if I said I am looking forward to January, already? Tomorrow will be a better day. I am going to do my best to sleep late (Yeah, right!) and to not leave the house tomorrow.

5 Comments:

At 11/03/2005 8:51 AM, Blogger Imagine That said...

I can so relate Wanda...was so tired yesterday and had a bad headache and about 4:30...crashed! I'm not running around doing a million things like you, but just getting my house ready for holiday company has me whipped! Now...if January would just show up! LOL
The bike and scarecrow are fabulous!
Ash
P.S. I really wish you would allow non blogger bloggers to post! :)

 
At 11/03/2005 9:24 AM, Blogger Wanda said...

Hi, Ash! Sorry to hear you've lost your pep, too. My headache is still with me this morning. :( I, too, wish non-bloggers could post comments. It's a built-in blogger.com setting though...not an option I can change.
I hope today is better for you.

 
At 11/03/2005 1:28 PM, Blogger Imagine That said...

Wanda,
I noticed in Nancy's blog that I could pick if I was not a Blogger and it let me post and put my bravejournal link...so thats why I thought you had the option?

 
At 11/03/2005 1:54 PM, Blogger Wanda said...

Hmmm....I'll investigate...

 
At 11/04/2005 11:59 AM, Blogger Keith Petrus said...

Click to "Settings" tab,
Click on "Comments" tab,
Third item down is a "Who can Comment" popup.
Change to "Anyone"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home