The Bee Hive

Sometimes it's honey; sometimes it's sting...

Monday, October 31, 2005

HALLOWEEN 2005

This is me, and Nissa, taken around 4:30pm, before the trick or treaters started coming. I had forgotten to put my bright red lipstick on yet, though. I was horrified when at 5:20 we started getting rain and high winds. It kept up for awhile, then calmed down, but began again periodically during the evening. I was so surprised that we did so well with trick-or-treaters in all of that. In fact, we did better than last year. We had 121! YAY! I was so busy that I couldn't keep up with everything but, I think princesses were about the most prolific costume. There were a few soldiers, 2 cowgirls, a cowboy, 2 fairies, one cheerleader, many general scarey-ghosty-zombie-like costumes, a cereal killer, a few witches, 2 devils, a bee, a ladybug, a bunch of brides (all from one family), a lot of various super-heros, and one really neat Dr. Octopus?/Doc Oc?, I think they said it was. The boy had a kind of suit on, and silver pleated ducts attached to his back, that came around the front and had mechanical-looking claws on the ends. Very striking. I love homemade put-together costumes.
The adults I remember were Amy in her Lucy outfit (looked GOOD!), a soldier, three scarey 'hag' type costumes, and a glittery mismatched type costume. I was surprised there were no Fridas.
I have a LOT more photos, but I guess I'll dole them out one night at a time. The trick-or-treaters started coming at 5:45 and the last ones were around 8:30. Then Reagan, Amy and the boys came by again afterwards. When they stopped by the first time on the hayride/float, everyone said that there were not as many houses to stop at as years before. Many people who always participate, weren't doing it this year.

2 Comments:

At 10/31/2005 10:43 PM, Blogger Peggy said...

I love your blog!! Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment so I could find you!!!!!

 
At 11/01/2005 2:21 PM, Blogger "T" Van Hoecke said...

Wanda, aren't you the cute one all dolled up for Halloween. Looks like you will be having a blast.

I was pleased to see you had stopped by my blog and happy to pop over here and see what you have been up to. Isn't life crazy sometimes. Busy, Busy, Busy.
Take care!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home