The Bee Hive

Sometimes it's honey; sometimes it's sting...

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

COSTUME EMERGENCY

Today's pumpkin mail art came from Ellie B. THANKS, Ellie. I love it!
Our granddaughter, who used to stay with us, and just recently moved fairly far away, called this afternoon. She got the package I sent and wanted to say thank-you. We were talking about Halloween and she started crying because she didn't have a costume and her mother and step-father were not doing anything special for Halloween. They will let her trick or treat in the apartments, but she didn't have a costume. I told her I'd see if I could find something for her in Walmart tomorrow and mail it, priority, to her. Hopefully she'll get it in time. But, costumes will be scarce by now, and I doubt they have a 'cheetah girl' type costume anyway. But I'll get her something, and hope she gets it in time. She also wanted something to take for show-and-tell. She planned on taking her flute that we got when she and I went to Mexico, but her little half-sister broke it. So I told her that the drum (also from Mexico) was still here, and I'd send that along too...and some coins from Mexico, Canada, Kuwait and Iraq. Maybe tomorrow I'll get copies made of the photos of her in Mexico too, to go with the drum and Mexican coins.

2 Comments:

At 10/26/2005 10:00 AM, Blogger laura said...

oh wanda. this makes my heart hurt.

 
At 10/26/2005 11:02 PM, Blogger Wanda said...

Mine too, Laura. Thank you. But as you can see from my next post, she should be okay, now. And we'll have her for Christmas, I think. Or at least for part of the school holidays, then.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home