The Bee Hive

Sometimes it's honey; sometimes it's sting...

Thursday, November 10, 2005

QUILTED MAIL ART!

Isn't this GORGEOUS! It's my November mail art from Kristin G.! I don't know what the pattern is called, but it has batting AND cardstock inside so it is perfect to hang on the wall, since it is sturdy and will keep it's shape. It would make a great mat too. THANKS, Kristin!!!
I took one of the cats to the vet today to be dipped and wormed. I had to come up with a name on the spot like I always do for these strays. So I named her 'Patience', since she had to wait the longest for her treatment. She got spayed when I was taking them all in, in rotation...well, as I could catch them and put them in the carrier, this spring/summer. It ticks me off that 'someone' is apparently trapping these cats and getting rid of them, after I spend money getting them fixed and healthy. Some of them have been our pets too, not just strays that become pets. Right now we have 4, (of the 8-9 that I got fixed), plus 6 that I think belong to the neighbors across the fence, but come here to eat too.
In relation to my post about Christmas lights yesterday, I was at Walmart today and found the larger, regular lights like I had in mind...you know - with the screw in bulb, not the tiny twinkly light type 'bulb'. I was getting a few boxes, when I saw the warning on the box. Apparently handling the cord is hazardous since it contains lead! You are supposed to wash your hands thoroughly after handling. Soooo... I put them back on the shelf! Darn! An electrical cord has lead that transfers to your hands?! I guess gloves would help...but then your gloves and anything you touch with them will have transferred lead, right? So now what? Back to candles?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home