The Bee Hive

Sometimes it's honey; sometimes it's sting...

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

CHRISTMAS YARD ART SUGGESTIONS???

This is what was in my mailbox today - mail art from Corazon! On the back, Corazon wrote that this piece was inspired by my blog entry about all the wildflowers in the cemetery being cut down before they finished blooming and went to seed. THANKS, Corazon!
Also, for anyone who hasn't noticed, I have changed the settings on my blog where you can comment even if you are not registered with blogger.
I woke up this morning with a horrible sore throat, and headache, but it's gotten better as the day went on.
One of our teachers just called and won't be able to have her class on Sunday, so I'll need to get a substitute. But then Sunday starts the first day of rehersal for the Christmas presentation, too, so it should all work out easily.
Speaking of Christmas coming quickly, does anyone have suggestions for Christmas yard art? I think I'll try to put more lights this year...and then three or four arborvitae trees need replacing over at the cabin, so I could buy them now if they are available, and use them over here with lights on them. Other than the lights my criteria are: 1. Something evoking the true meaning of CHRISTmas...but not a large amount of pieces to deal with (like a Nativity set) 2. Something a little different, hopefully. 3.Something that is not a huge hassle. 4. Multi-racial or actually Jewish/Middle Eastern looking people is a definate plus. Blond haired, blue-eyed Holy Family? I think not.
I have a large, simple, lighted door wreath I really like, but my 2 ft.(?) lighted, little Black girl angel broke last year. Maybe the extra lights will do okay, but I'd still like to add ...something... to the yard for the Christmas holidays. Any ideas?

1 Comments:

At 3/31/2008 11:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go to we site www.touchofheavenyardart.com
they have a cute childs nativity set & the kids all look like different nationalities. Really cute.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home