The Bee Hive

Sometimes it's honey; sometimes it's sting...

Wednesday, June 04, 2008

AT THE PARK






The boys and I, and Coconut just returned from Veteran's Memorial Park. We went to play disk golf, but it was just too hot. We drove and looked around, scoping
out potential letterbox hiding places, played a little on the playground and then went through the DQ drive-through on the way home. I think if we are going to play disk golf this time of year, it'll need to be early in the morning.

At DQ, I got a Cotton Candy Blizzard. In case you are tempted, don't bother. It wasn't cotton candyish enough by a long shot. So I just got the calories and the
over-fullness instead of a low-cal, refreshing Diet Coke, which is what I wanted before I saw the picture of the Cotton Candy blizzard. ;P

I did make a (very) little headway in the cleaning/decluttering today. I took all the junk off of the dry sink in the living room and put it in the middle of the floor. Then I went through it and tossed some, Goodwilled some and put the rest up (well, almost the rest) where it went. Then I wet wiped the dust off of the dry sink and the tiny wall shelf. I even took one thing off of the wall and donated it to Goodwill. And one of the (previously buried) decorative items off the top of the dry sink, too. Now, to do all that on at least a dozen more surfaces! On the way to the park, I hauled garbage to the dump, including the small mountain of debris I raked up from the cemetery the other day, that was still in the van. I also took one bag of stuff to Goodwill. If I'd do that kind of thing each day, it would only
be....maybe a month?... and this place would be in fair to middlin' shape.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 6/04/2008 5:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can imagine the heat....it's horrible here. The boys look like they're managing okay, but poor Coconut's tongue is practically dragging the ground!

Cute pictures.

Jan

 
At 6/04/2008 5:36 PM, Blogger Wanda said...

Yeah, she drank her DQ treat right down - well half of it anyway! (A glass of cool water, with no ice.) ;) She is zonked out in the chair beside me, now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home