The Bee Hive

Sometimes it's honey; sometimes it's sting...

Friday, April 18, 2008

SOURDOUGH BREAD STARTER

I was reading a discussion on a website this morning about sourdough starters and that seemed like a good idea to make. So here it is on day one. I just googled to find how to do it, but then added a tablespoon of plain yogurt to it, when someone mentioned that they heard that was something you could do, too. I hope it turns out well.

The April Buy Nothing Challange has kind of fallen by the wayside for me. I really don't buy much anyway. Or at least I'm not at the moment. It did help me forgo that impulse buy off of the internet, that I have since realized I don't want, anyway. Mostly, I just buy simple groceries, and eat out with friends a couple of times a week. With the kids all grown and gone, I don't have many child-related purchases at all. If I have to go to the store when any of them are with me, I usually get them something, but that hasn't happened in quite a while. But the challange has made me think about finding a solution near at hand before being quick about going to the store to get something that I need.

Once again, I am attempting to declutter around here. I did completely dig out the counter between the stove and the sink, and the space acquired was amazing. But that was the easier side. Now I need to do the same on the other side of the kitchen - the bar and counter on the other side of the sink. I have been picking away at it a little bit, but I need to just be bold and drag it all off at once. *shudder*

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 4/18/2008 9:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Shudder", indeed. When can you come to do mine?

Jan

 

Post a Comment

<< Home