The Bee Hive

Sometimes it's honey; sometimes it's sting...

Tuesday, April 01, 2008

DAY 1

It's the first day of the Buy Nothing Challange, and I faced down temptation once today for an online purchase. So the only thing I 'bought' today was a mowed lawn, when the man who does it sent his son over to weedeat and mow. It really did need it, badly. We don't do it ourselves because we have never had 'luck' with mowers, They tend to break down quickly, and resist repair. So for us, this is probably cheaper. Plus the money goes to a family a few blocks away, so it goes directly to support the local economy. Oh, and I will be buying a large tub of good dirt later from the grandsons. Again, a necessity and money into the local economy. ;) Instead of going to the next town to Walmart to get the one last bag of soil ($3) I needed, I will get it for a higher price from Zach and Mat. ;)

Goldilocks laid her egg today. She had missed yesterday, and two days before that, too. I hope everything is okay with her. She was laying every day, but now it seems to be every other day. Midnight should start laying in another week or two. The dogs and cats are finally getting to where they aren't constantly in the stalk and attack mode with them. Not that I ever let them out loose. They are either in the chicken hutch or the chicken tractor at all times. And I keep close watch when they are in the tractor.

I've been thinking, rather sadly, about my great love for Arizona Green Tea with Ginseng. It's what I drink constantly, all day long. I love that stuff!!! But it comes in gallon plastic jugs. I used some in the garden as underground waterers, but many more go into the landfill...like 10 a week. According to the Arizona Tea website, they have recently come out with the same thing in powdered form. I called H.E.B. and they said they didn't have it, but that if they have come out with it, they will probably be getting it eventually. I am down to my last 3 gallons. After that....? Water? Other powdered tea? I guess...but I'm not making any promises.

1 Comments:

At 4/03/2008 11:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Zach and Mat must be two "silver-tongued salesmen"!

Jan

 

Post a Comment

<< Home