The Bee Hive

Sometimes it's honey; sometimes it's sting...

Saturday, March 29, 2008

T-BALL !



Zachary spent the night here last night, and Mathieu started out here... but "If you're going to treat me like a baby, I'm just going to go home!". I said, "Okay." and you should have seen how fast I packed up his stuff!!!

What preceeded his comment was he had been dressed for bed and laying down on the couch with me, watching Zach play a video game. Then he said he was thirsty and asked for ANOTHER can of Dr. Pepper. I said, "only one Dr.Pepper." and that I'd get him a drink of water. He said he doesn't like water, but that he would accept tea. So we went to the kitchen where he wanted not the small glass, half full, that I gave him, but a BIG, full glass.

So, I drove him home and we parted amicably. Zach and I stayed up until 2a.m. and 4a.m., respectively, playing computer and video games. But I still woke up at 9:30 (late, for me) and Zachary was already up by then.

This morning Zach and I went to Sinton to watch Mat's first t-ball game. He did well. He ran (fast!) to the base without hesitation when he hit the ball. Unfortunately, once he got to second base, his attention wandered and he was squated down sculpting and pushing off the dirt from the base when he should have been running to third. So he stayed on second base an extra go-round, missing that whole
play.

AT BAT

ON FIRST BASE
When his team was outfield, he played right field or shortstop. I couldn't tell which. No hits came that way, though, so he and his buddy compared socks and cleat treads to pass a little of the time.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 4/01/2008 8:44 AM, Blogger ~mel said...

Hi Wanda. Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. :-) Looks like we live somewhat near each other, though I think you're a little further south. I'm in the San Antonio area.

I look forward to following your garden progress throughout the summer. This will be the first summer for me to have a vegetable garden in Texas (it's our third summer here).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home