The Bee Hive

Sometimes it's honey; sometimes it's sting...

Thursday, April 27, 2006

LIVER - GALL BLADDER CLEANSE

Even pink plastic flamingos are not safe around our property. This is what Zachary and Mathieu were playing the other day - Flamingo Hunt. They already have them shot and are transporting them back to camp. I guess they taste like plastic chicken.
Well, it's been 4 days since I updated my blog, so I thought I'd better put something up today. Nothing out of the ordinary has happened lately.
I went into the office today to get some mind twisting paperwork done. Lydia and I took a break and went to The Chisholm Trail for lunch. On the way out I said hello to Skidmore's own 'Ed Sawyer' who was sitting at a table reading...then returned to the office to finish up. Rose was working in the yard, and Mary had moved some things from the classroom formerly known as 'The St. Vincent de Paul Storeroom', into the hall, where there will be a major rummage sale on May 6th.
I guess my big news (ACK!) is that I tried the liver/gallbladder cleanse that I read about. It involved fasting, drinking concoctions of epsom salt and water, olive oil and lemon juice, and more doses of Epsom Salts and water. Let's just say it rocked my world. And not in a good way. Whether it worked or not, I have no idea, although I do have my doubts. I was skeptical to start with, but thought it worth a try, if I could avoid surgery. Whether the green 'stones' were actual gallstones or some byproduct of the olive oil and lemon juice plus bile from the liver, is open to interpretation. It is recommended that a second cleanse be done in a month to get the stones that work their way farther down in the meantime, but I am thinking I may just let it go.

4 Comments:

At 4/28/2006 4:26 PM, Blogger Peggy said...

Oh my! that sounds too terrible to drink or do you drink it? Think I would op for the surgery. I had my gallbladder out in 1979 but today its a outpatient thing... glad to see you blogging again!

 
At 4/28/2006 5:35 PM, Blogger Wanda said...

Yes, I drank it. I am just not sure that I might not be better off with my gallbladder. Without it, bile from the liver goes directly into the intestines. If I could have a healthy stone free gall bladder, again, by doing the cleanse, I'd really be happy. And my gallbladder has given me no pain or anything. The only way gallstones were found, was that my liver numbers were spiking, indicating an obstruction, so they did an ultrasound and saw them. But I felt fine. So... I am just not convinced one way or the other. And to top it off, my doctor, who I really like, is leaving, so I'll be taking this up with another one, eventually.

 
At 5/04/2006 12:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel your pain. I had intense gall bladder pain for 4 months and did that cleanse 4 times. Now I start to gag when I even think about taking it, so it's not an option anymore.

Only once did any stones come out. I do believe they were stones because I had a sonagram in the ER in September 2005 and my gall bladder was full. Then another sonagram just before surgery (October 2005) only showed one. I will say this--I went through the surgery because the pain didn't go away. But even without a gall baldder I still get pains (not as bad), so stick it out as long as you can.

I'm now cleansing in a more gentle way--I take ox bile and milk thistle supplements with each meal, eat lots of fruit (esp grapefruit), stay away from dairy, and eat lots of raw foods. It's taking along time, but I think it's getting better.

Tammy

 
At 5/04/2006 1:15 PM, Blogger Wanda said...

Thanks for the first-hand information, Tammy. It's what I've been looking for. I'm glad you're getting better, but sorry it is taking so long.

I do eat a lot of fruit, but unfortunately (from what I've read), I love cheese, yogurt, cream - dairy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home