The Bee Hive

Sometimes it's honey; sometimes it's sting...

Sunday, April 23, 2006

CROCHETED BAG IN PROGRESS

Jane is showing you my Mystery Crochet-along bag in progress that I'm making along with the others in the yahoo group, Bumbles Groovy Crochet.
Can you recognize what it's made from? It's made from plastic bags from Walmart, H.E.B. and other places. The bags are smoothed out, and cut across into loops, which are then looped together into a long rope and rolled into a ball. I had a photo of that process in my March 27 blog entry. I really like how this is turning out. But now I need to cut some more plastic bags.

Things have been busy lately. Friday, I worked at the church all day. Well, from right after 9a.m. Mass until 3p.m. when Lydia went home. We took a break to go to The Chisholm Trail for catfish at noon.

Yesterday evening I went to the church at 4:30 for the children's First Reconciliation, and then Mass afterwards. Later that evening, I went to Beeville to get groceries. Chuck, Reagan, Amy, Zachary, Mathieu, Ralph, Vickie, Chuckie P., Kyle and Candice, all went to Corpus Christi to see Dan who flew in for the PRCA Rodeo. He won the bronc riding, so we were all happy about that.

This morning, I had to get to the church extra early to put pew decorations on the children's pews, and prepare for their First Holy Communion. Then after Mass, after everyone else was gone, Sylvia and I were sitting on the benches in front of the shrine, talking, when two javalinas came walking around the side of the hall! We were sure surprised! When they saw us move, they went back, and when we got to the corner of the building to see if there was a pack of any size, they had disappeared into the woods already.

I came home and Zach helped me prepare a dish for Father Sebastian's going away covered dish luncheon. He is leaving Tuesday to return to India for six weeks. He is really going to be missed. While at the luncheon, several people - Rose, Grace and Bertha - asked me about the quilt block project, so hopefully they will get their quilt blocks made soon. All in all, despite some snafus, it has been an excellent week-end, so far.

3 Comments:

At 4/23/2006 7:41 PM, Blogger Peggy said...

interesting bag. How do you find time to do all you do?

 
At 4/24/2006 5:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was wondering too, how do find time to do all you do?...I think your bag is going to be nice, its looks good so far....I do remember you post here about using the plastic bags....I can't crochet....
Brenda

 
At 4/24/2006 6:59 PM, Blogger Wanda said...

Thanks Peggy and Brenda. I really, REALLY like that bag! And before I can progress, I need to cut up more bags, but keep putting it off. That part is not fun for me.

To me, it really doesn't seem like I do much at all. I feel like the laziest person around. But I pretty much enjoy doing the things I do - a lot.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home