The Bee Hive

Sometimes it's honey; sometimes it's sting...

Saturday, April 03, 2010

FREECYCLE AND FARMER'S MARKET


I hadn't remembered that today was the monthly Farmer's Market until I woke up this morning. Since I needed a few things from the store anyway, I decided to drink my coffee on the run and head to Beeville. I bought a nice hanging pot stuffed with four different herbs (parsley, oregano, thyme, rosemary) and then three small pots of individual herbs (varigated leaf celery, lemon balm, epizote). I guess it is too early in the season for many garden fresh vegetables to be sold, but there were carrots and spinach, there, at least in the Emma's Farm stall, where all the great herbs were sold, and the Amish stall, where they had a variety of other things too.
These chairs were ones I got from someone who posted them on Freecycle. It was 'sight unseen' but from the description, they sounded like just what I needed. It turned out that I was a little unsure of their sturdiness for sitting, so after spray painting them sunny yellow, I am using them for plant stands. I love them! On the right is the hanging pot of herbs and on the left, the larger pot has dark sweet potato vine and epizote, while the small one has a single salvia. I hope to get photos of the other recent plantings in a day or two.

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

At 4/04/2010 10:34 AM, Blogger Star said...

The chairs are perfect for holding the pots of herbs! Like bright sunny yellow!
Hope you have a nice Easter!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home