The Bee Hive

Sometimes it's honey; sometimes it's sting...

Monday, January 11, 2010

SECOND THOUGHTS...


...and third, fourth and fifth thoughts. The day before Christmas, I got the great idea to really start making quilts for the family this year. Flannel was really calling to me. So I went to Walmart, since that is the only place to get fabric within 50 miles of here. Unfortunately, their flannel choices were all cartoonish. I decided to go with solids. This 'lovely' selection is all the solid colors they had. Blah. But I got some of each and more of the turquoise that it is all sitting upon. And I thought that I would tie the quilt with black crochet thread. But after I got it home, it all just looked soooo dull. I considered just making a quilt of plain squares, and embroidering a little picture on each one. Now I am not so sure...at least with these colors. So I don't know... It might be better to just make regular quilts from a bunch of the fabrics in my stash. But whatever I decide to do, I need to get on it, despite my missing cutting mat, soon, if I am going to finish a good number of quilts this year.

4 Comments:

At 1/13/2010 12:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lordy, girl! You've got a lot of work ahead of you. Good luck.

Jan

 
At 1/14/2010 1:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just remembered our old saying. "Wish you'd let me help!"

Jan

 
At 1/15/2010 6:16 AM, Blogger ChristineMM said...

Hi Wanda,
I haven't touched base in a couple of years! Just found your blog in my favorites folder which I haven't touched in that long.

Wanted to say hi. I first 'met' you through a discussion group about clutter and your blog opened my eyes to ATCs. I just want to say hello.

I haven't done ATCs in almost 2 years. I got burned too many times by people, not holding up their end of the swap and stuff like that. So I backed off temporarily that turned much longer than ever planned.

I haven't really done collage in about 18 months since I've been focusing a lot on keeping the house clean. Doesn't that sound terrible? At first I did a big clutter addressing situation, then after that started to really focus on keeping the place tidy on a daily basis and making the time to clean it. Boy do I wish I had a house cleaner!

A slow project here is moving my kids stuff out of the playroom (extra bedroom) and turning it into an art and craft studio for me. That way I can do paper crafts somewhere other than the kitchen table that gets used for 3 meals a day, snacks and homeschooling the kids.

In the absence of ATCs I've been focusing on learning to knit. I love Ravelry.com. I don't do swapping though other than the one Hat Wars competition (which was a problem yet again with my opponent not following the rules & giving me a hat that would only fit a baby when she had my measurements).

Anyhow, hello from Connecticut Wanda.

I am so grateful for your past inspiration about decluttering and then pointing me toward ATCs. I loved making ATCs for multiple years, it helped me destress and to exercise my creative/artistic muscles.

 
At 6/21/2022 2:20 AM, Anonymous Lucas said...

Nicee share

 

Post a Comment

<< Home