The Bee Hive

Sometimes it's honey; sometimes it's sting...

Tuesday, January 05, 2010

HOT....AND I DO MEAN HOT... SOUP


Our meal tonight is being "spokesmodeled" by Carmela-Ruby.

"They had Hamburger Barley Soup tonight, following the recipe on the box of barley....well more or less. It called for canned tomatoes, but the closest thing Wanda had was Hot Rotel canned tomatoes with habeneros. They were *HOT!* and next time she'll use tomato sauce if she doesn't have regular tomatoes. She also didn't have carrots, so she used the rest of a bag of frozen Asian Stir-Fry Vegetables. Overall, despite the hotness, it was very good, (her DH had like 5 bowls over the course of the evening!) and she said they will definately have it again. Oh - the pasty-looking white thing on the bowl is one of her Irish Soda Bread biscuits. Honestly, they are delicious despite how they look. But, I have to go now and get some water - my mouth is STILL burning from those habeneros!"

1 Comments:

At 1/06/2010 12:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know it would have been way too hot for me. (I'm such a weenie.) But I would love the biscuit.

A big "Hi, there!" to the new Wandette.

Jan

 

Post a Comment

<< Home