The Bee Hive

Sometimes it's honey; sometimes it's sting...

Saturday, January 02, 2010

MUSICAL CHAIRS MENU...AND ACCUSITORY PUMPKINS


Don't worry OR get your hopes up. This is not turning into a cooking blog. The idea that it might, would reduce to laughter anyone who knows me. But I joined some 2010 challanges on a Frugality website I recently joined. One challange is to have a monthly menu plan each month. So I have mine for January posted on my refrigerator and have been diligent in actually PLANNING to have a meal each night. I only plan the main dish, for the main meal, but it is really nice to have things planned in advance. Of course there will be some switching and 'jugglement' going on. It is only January 2nd, and I have aleady moved Corned Beef and Cabbage to January 15th and Meatloaf to today. Then to make things right, I had to move Spaghetti from January 15th to January 27th. And tomorrow was supposed to be Leftover Meatloaf Sandwiches....only there is no meatloaf left, so it looks like the Pancakes from January 4th are bumped up a day to the 3rd. I have no idea what to do about the 4th now... ;) So all of this started with the meatloaf. The reason I moved the meatloaf up by nearly 2 weeks was to take advantage of the leftover dressing that someone said made a terrific ingredient in meatloaf. Judging by none of it being left, with meatloaf not being one of Chuck's favorite dishes, I would say they were right. I also added an egg, celery, onion, garlic, and some catalina salad dressing since I was out of catsup.
Yes those three pumpkins are staring at me. I have been saying for longer than I care to admit that today...today....today I will cook the last three I have, mash them, and bag them for the freezer. But tomorrow I will - for sure!

1 Comments:

At 1/03/2010 1:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay...I've already been reduced to laughter, but mostly about your meatloaf saga. And, uh, is that uh, the uh, meatloaf in the picture? Just kidding. At least you have a plan. (I decide what's for dinner each morning when I see what meat is in the freezer!) Oy!

Jan

 

Post a Comment

<< Home