The Bee Hive

Sometimes it's honey; sometimes it's sting...

Tuesday, December 08, 2009

BUFFALO CHICKEN DIP


Here is a recipe I got from an online friend. (*waving to Pat in Florida!*) She got rave reviews with it, and I did too, the first time I made it this past Halloween for my grown kids and their families and my husband and I. I also made it again last night for 'dinner'. Yes, it is just my husband and I and we can eat what we want...so
'chips and dip for dinner' this time. ...I said CAN not SHOULD. LOL!

BUFFALO CHICKEN DIP

4 BONELESS, SKINLESS CHICKEN BREASTS (about 2 lbs...or you can use rotisserie
chicken)

1 - 12 OZ. BOTTLE FRANK'S HOT SAUCE (supposed to be the best, but you can use
any brand)

2 - 8 OZ. PKGS. CREAM CHEESE

1 - 16 OZ. BOTTLE BLEU CHEESE SALAD DRESSING (or Ranch dressing)

8 OZ. SHREDDED SHARP CHEDDAR CHEESE (OR MONTERREY JACK OR COMBO)

Boil chicken till done, then shred using 2 forks. Preheat oven to 350*. In a 13"
x 9" pan combine chicken and hot sauce and spread evenly. In large saucepan over
medium heat, combine the cream cheese and dressing, stirring until smooth and
hot. Pour evenly over chicken. Bake uncovered for 20 minutes, sprinkle with
cheese and bake uncovered for another 10 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before
serving.

We eat it with tortilla chips, but that's up to you. Crackers or crustinis would
be good too, I think. It is not 'hot' with the hot sauce - at least with Frank's
(the teeniest bit warm in places) or some 'brand x' that I used last night, that was even milder than Frank's.

Anyway, I thought some of you might enjoy making it for Christmas or New Year's
get-togethers.

3 Comments:

At 12/08/2009 5:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yah, ya betcha!....having watched "Fargo" again recently. ;)

Jan

 
At 1/02/2010 12:10 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

A friend of mine at work made this for our work Christmas party. It was delicious! She forgot to give me the recipe so I'm glad you posted it on your blog.

--Michelle (Michelle68)

 
At 1/30/2010 9:43 PM, Blogger Terrace Crawford said...

Hi Wanda!

Yea, this is the exact recipe I use. It's sooo good.
I use the Tyson canned chicken.

--Terrace Crawford
www.terracecrawford.com
www.twitter.com/terracecrawford

 

Post a Comment

<< Home