The Bee Hive

Sometimes it's honey; sometimes it's sting...

Saturday, November 07, 2009

WHAT I DID THIS AFTERNOON

There was a dinner at the parish hall tonight after Mass in honor of the musical group who came to play and sing for the vigil Mass. So I finally got around to cooking the three largest pumpkins that Reagan gave us. I made two really large pans of sweet pumpkin and froze about 5 quarts of plain mashed pumpkin.


This is what one pan of sweet pumpkin looked like at the dinner. That's Bruno and Emma's famous rice next to it. Isn't it beautiful! I love rice with lots of fresh peppers, tomatoes, onions and cilantro. It looks like a work of art!

After the meal and the parish council meeting which followed that, I came home and finished getting some more of the pumpkin seeds out of the stringy pulp. Mathieu had started doing that earlier when I was cooking and peeling and mashing pumpkin. We didn't save all the seeds, but we got enough to make a nice roasted pumpkin seed snack tomorrow. The rest went to the chickens and just tossed out in the dirt where I am hoping some volunteer pumpkins will eventually come up.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 11/09/2009 12:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man, those are some gnarley-looking pumpkins!

Jan

 

Post a Comment

<< Home