The Bee Hive

Sometimes it's honey; sometimes it's sting...

Saturday, January 30, 2010

BOK CHOY

Today was a pleasant day all the way around...well except for the cold weather. It was sunny, though, so that was good. Zach and Mathieu did very well at the horse show today, although where they placed isn't offical yet. I picked up a couple of bags of nice men's clothes from Freecycle and took it to someone who I thought would like them. After picking up the clothes from the woman giving them away, I stopped by Goodwill and they were having a sale on baby clothes. So I picked out 21 little pieces of cute baby girl clothing for Andrew and Samantha's baby who is due very soon. On the way home I passed a garden where there was a big "OPEN" sign and another sign saying "Fresh Produce". So I stopped and bought some beautiful bok choy. The man had spinach, broccoli and green onions too. So I cooked the bok choy for dinner, and it was really good! I'm kicking myself now, because I didn't even think to take a photo of his garden. Also photo-worthy were the South Texas Trail Riders that I passed both going to and coming from Beeville. It was really picturesque this year with a lot of horse pulled wagons of all kinds as well and the usual horseback riders. There was even a stage coach... all heading to San Antonio.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home