The Bee Hive

Sometimes it's honey; sometimes it's sting...

Monday, October 05, 2009

SCARECROW


The county 4-H clubs each had a garden area on Washington Street in Beeville to decorate for Fall and Western Week this year. Reagan and Amy came up with the roping scarecrow idea for the Rockin' H Club to use in their space. So this afternoon all the clubs were out decorating the downtown area. I had them take a photo of Zach and Mathieu when they were done. Their club took second place in the competition.
I usually put up a scarecrow display in our yard for Halloween, but I think I am going to skip it this year. Where we lived before got lots of traffic, but out here there are few cars going by. Plus it is kind of a lot of work to put them together and take them down and then do their laundry after being rained on or having their hats blown off for a whole month. But... I don't know... I may relent and go get the old rusty bike from Andrew's house and at least put a scarecrow on that one...

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 10/06/2009 9:09 AM, Blogger Lisa B. said...

When we lived in town I would make scarecrows, but like you, we now live outside of town. We have no tricker or treaters and I usually only do a pumpkin.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home