The Bee Hive

Sometimes it's honey; sometimes it's sting...

Friday, January 18, 2008

SPIRITS' HOUSES




I finished the artwork for the Swap-Bot Spirits' Houses Accordian Book. I was even one day early for the mailing deadline. :) It was fun doing this and I almost wished I could have kept this one. But, really, it was made to appeal to my partner's preferences in color and style. One made for myself would have dark reds, greens and golds. Maybe some touches of dark blue and dark purple. And maybe it would have bees flying through it rather than bluebirds... although I like the idea of bluebirds, too. The vintage look - at least the Victorian style - would probably not be used, either... Mine would have herbs, trees, plants, animals, people, saints... But I do like it, and hope 'Bluebird' in NSW will, too.
This swap only required that we do a minimum of 6 panels on the front. Doing back panels was for extra 'points'. I did 8, front and back, and although I was in somewhat of a rush, I wish now I had done a few more. But it's on its way to Australia now, so it's time to turn my attention to my next project - Ink Blot Characters with their life story and a personality description.

But now, it's time to haul the garbage to the dump, go deposit money in the bank and drive to Corpus Christi to pick up Shabree. :)

QUESTION OF THE DAY: In a project like this one, for yourself, what would have been your preferences in colors, style and design?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home