The Bee Hive

Sometimes it's honey; sometimes it's sting...

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

ALTERED MATCHBOXES AND CIGARETTE BOX

These are the projects I finished and mailed off today.

I really do like the way these two matchboxes turned out. They were for a 'Handmade Stuffed Animal in a Matchbox' swap on...what else? - Swap-bot. Sewing is not really my thing, so I picked a very simple animal to do - a bird. The only thing simpler might have been a worm. And that would be hard to stuff. Inside the boxes, I painted a leafy tree branch for the birds to sit on during their journeys. In keeping with the bird theme, Egglantine made an artful contribution to the boxtop decoration.

My partner in the Recycled Cigarette Box swap likes mermaids according to her profile, so I decorated her cigarette box in that theme. This is the front.

And this is the back. There were items from certain categories we had select to put inside the box, but this was before I did that, so all you see is just the box.

I have not been joining any new swaps lately, and just fulfilling the ones that it was already past the deadline to drop. Things get busier and busier for me from the time religious education classes start in the fall through Christmas. I like to get my swaps out early, but lately, I have only been able to complete and send them right before the mailing deadline...which makes me nervous. In a few days, my 'Journal Entry a Day for 20+ Days' will go out. Then I have a Winter 'Zine to make and swap with five people, as well as a Handmade Petite Blythe Doll Outfit to make and swap with two people. (Wish me luck with THAT one!) After that, I will be done until I join more.

1 Comments:

At 11/24/2007 11:50 PM, Blogger ~Red Tin Heart~ said...

I just love all the projects you did! Wonderful. xoxo Nita

The mermaid is my fav.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home