The Bee Hive

Sometimes it's honey; sometimes it's sting...

Monday, November 12, 2007

WEIRD DREAM


Just a snippet left this morning, but the main part of my dream was that behind the newly built apartment complex, where Chuck an I had just moved in, the workmen were building a fake sky from extremely large sheets of wood. It was painted to look exactly like the real thing, which could still be seen on the one side they were in the process of building and erecting. (Maybe because I noted how pretty the sky looked when I was taking Zach and Mat home yesterday?)

The apartments were single units situated in a curve, in a brushy area between here and Beeville. There was a ditch running behind the apartments with water in it (a combination of the ditch from last night's Amazing Race that the contestants had to pole vault over and the ditch and lake behind the houses in a crime scene shown on a Court TV show last night).

Vickie lived next door one one side, with a fenced backyard, and Dodie and family (all young children, though - maybe they were her grandchildren) lived in another apartment there. I was quick to point out the fake sky-in-progress, because I knew once it was finished, no one would believe it was not real. We walked out to and across the ditch, and I was concerned that Coconut was getting wet and muddy and might stray too far. I just seemed sort of dangerous and sinister. (Every time I watch CourtTV, which is not very often, I regret it.)

Dodie had one dog (a daschund?) and was wanting another, but her husband brought home a basset hound instead. I was so aggravated that she named the dog, 'Stupid'. Her other dog had a sadly unflattering name, too, but I can't remember what it was, now.

Our apartment had a cement and pebble floor, but different than any I had ever seen. And there was a chunk out of it in one place that I was going to have the landlord fix.

That's really all I can remember about the dream, except for Chuck coming home from work, visiting with Vickie in her backyard, and something about Dodie's (grand)daughter being in a fairy costume, up on a chair in ...the old school cafeteria(?)...while we tried to adjust her costume hem or something.


Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 11/12/2007 12:52 PM, Blogger ~Red Tin Heart~ said...

The fake sky seems to be the main theme. Maybe it is your subconscious balking at what the world calls progress by building so many buildings that we are losing our countryside. In our area what use to be the country is now almost city. And the pebble floor that made you different is you holding on to your uniqueness. xoxo Nita

 
At 12/01/2007 3:10 PM, Blogger ChristineMM said...

Wow what a dream. The fake sky made me immediately think of "The Truman Show". Remember that movie??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home