The Bee Hive

Sometimes it's honey; sometimes it's sting...

Monday, April 02, 2012

SNOWPEAS AND MORE ABOUT THE TUNA PIZZA


Annie and I planted this raised bed with snow peas Sunday afternoon. Stewart had bought these nifty livestock feeders to use as raised bed planters - two of them here, and two at his and Annie's house. He had started snowpeas, melons and three kinds of peppers inside, and the snowpeas were ready to go. As soon as the heavy work bench is moved, the second planter will go in line with this one - with a break for the fire ring - and the cattle panels can be hung up to make trellises for the peas and maybe some pole beans to grow on. This is along the south side of the carport and will provide added shade for the area.

Here are some of the ingredients that Stewart used for the tuna pizza he made last Friday. He spread one large(8 oz.?) block of cream cheese (softened) on the crust, almost to the edges, then topped that with 3 bags of tuna, flaked. Later, I think he said the tuna had garlic and something added to it. I didn't know they had packaged tuna with things already added, so I am not sure about that. I really didn't taste garlic or any herbs/spices in the pizza. So maybe he just meant that they could be added. Anyway, that was topped with thinly sliced purple onion, Roma tomatoes, and then with mozzarella cheese and baked at 425* for about 15 minutes. It was so good that I have been craving it ever since.

2 Comments:

At 4/02/2012 11:12 AM, Blogger The Cookbook Junkie said...

That does sound good. They do make seasoned tuna in pouches. I think I tried one that was sort of sweet and spicy. I liked it. I might try this on flatbread.

 
At 10/20/2013 5:22 PM, Blogger whimsigal said...

I am also considering using cattle feeders as raised beds. Did you drill holes in them? How often do you need to water in the summer? Daily? Do you worry about the rubber breaking down and getting into your veggies? I love the look of them and the fact that they are raised off the ground. Thanks for your response.
Kim

 

Post a Comment

<< Home