The Bee Hive

Sometimes it's honey; sometimes it's sting...

Tuesday, June 08, 2010

GONE TO THE DOGS

I've been neglecting this blog lately. Why, I don't really know. Things are busy, but not any busier than usual, I don't think. I've been feeling crappier than usual, but it doesn't take much effort to sit at the computer. I've been reading more, but not all that much...
Anyway, I wrote previously about Carly - the puppy someone dumped at our cottage one night. Well, now we have ANOTHER new puppy too - Topaz. Someone dumped her (and apparently the mother and other puppies, although I never saw them) at our church. Chuck was coming back from the post office one morning in late May and this tiny puppy was out in the street with cars going around her. So he stopped and got her. I named her Topaz. Gosh, we are up to 5 dogs now! I really hope we don't acquire any more.

Coconut and I went to the Farmer's Market last Saturday, and the Humane Society was hosting a dog contest. The catagories were best dressed, best trick, and friendliest. It was $5 per catagory to enter. I didn't think she would do her one trick - jumping through a hoop - in a strange, busy place in front of so many strangers, and she is very shy with people she doesn't know, so Best Dressed was the only catagory I entered.
She didn't win, but we both had a great time, and met quite a few new friends - human and canine. The whole ting reminded me of Sims2 Pets. LOL! These photos are of her with one of her new friends and fellow contestants, Ava Sophia. She also made friends with Delilah and Selena. I was surprised that most of the dogs we met had such pretty, feminine names. They said that they will be holding another dog contest in the Fall, so maybe we'll brush up on her trick and see if she can enter that catagory next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home