The Bee Hive

Sometimes it's honey; sometimes it's sting...

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

STEWART'S HOME!



First of all, here are two photos, front and back, of the Spirit House Accordian Book I received in the swap from Agnies2ka/lighthouse in Poland. Notice the machine stitching around the edges of each house. Isn't it so nice?! Then she also included in the package, a wonderful vintage postcard of her hometown, Bielsko-Biala, circa 1915. Wow! I really like it!

Here is what I've been working on lately - two sock monkeys, for Swap-Bot swaps. They were much quicker and easier than I thought they'd be. The swap criteria was that they had to be made out of socks other than the traditional sock monkey socks. I didn't realize how difficult it would be to find colorful socks of the right kind (no anklets, no short tops, etc.) around here, right now! These red ones were the ONLY choice I had. Well, I didn't check the dollar stores, but didn't want to. If I ever find any more suitable socks, I may make some more.
Computer woes - aRgH! We have been unable to get the computer to connect to the internet for a week or more. Stewart arrived home from Baghdad last night, and says it is something we did to it, but he hasn't figured it out yet. He did tell us how to connect for now, though, although it is still far from right.
It is great having Stewart home for awhile again. I picked him up late last night in Corpus Christi. He has a lot planned for while he is home...mostly business and work, but a lot of relaxing, too. He said that he didn't get to see Angelina Jolie when she was in Baghdad, but she was in the embassy and walked by his office. She was in the cafeteria having lunch while he was busy doing something else. He was disappointed that he missed the Santana concert in Dubai that he planned to attend. His travel plans were delayed, and he missed it by hours.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home