The Bee Hive

Sometimes it's honey; sometimes it's sting...

Saturday, September 18, 2010

I'M BAAAACK...!

...sort of. Gosh, I can't believe I have neglected this blog for so long! For one thing, religious education classes started again for the school year. We were short of teachers this year, so in addition to being director, I am having to teach a class, too. And that is taking a LOT of time. I am teaching the First Communion class. Since I am teaching a class, it means that the things I normally did during class times, as director, have to be done after classes and during the week. So that keeps me busier too.
I am still doing some artsy stuff - more assembleges and zentangles, although not very prolificly. Here are a pair I started a couple of months ago and just finished recently.
We've had sooo much rain recently from the tropical storms and hurricane(s) - at least I think the last one was a hurricane. I am not keeping up with it so much. But it is really soggy around here. I hope the weather is nice for Halloween this year, but according to the Farmer's Almanac, it's going to be rainy.
We've had an influx of hummingbirds finally. They were very sparse this year. And now they seem to be gone again - on their way to Mexico or South America, I guess.
Yesterday I had lunch in Beeville with my friend, Paulette. She is the best cook I know. We had oxtail soup, pork chops, cheese-jalapeno rice, purple cabbage and some kind of really good bread, and for dessert, semita with jam. We talked and laughed for hours, and I was hoarse when I left her house. Good times...

3 Comments:

At 9/18/2010 4:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love, love, love this artwork.
I wish I would have been there with you for lunch at Paulette's. Good times, indeed.

Jan

 
At 1/16/2011 12:33 PM, Blogger Peggy B said...

I really enjoyed visiting your blog and meeting you and your family and friends, But had fun seeing your assemblages and the people zentangles. Nice job on that!!

 
At 1/16/2011 1:02 PM, Blogger Wanda said...

Thanks, Jan and Peggy B. These were really fun to do. For some reason I love drawing or zentangling hair. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home