The Bee Hive

Sometimes it's honey; sometimes it's sting...

Wednesday, August 04, 2010

MY TO-BE-READ STACK

I'm taking a short break from the neverending zentangles to change gears for a moment. I am currently reading Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert and am really enjoying it. I wanted to read it ahead of seeing the movie, which will come out August 13th, I think. I thoroughly enjoyed Italy with Liz and so far, I think I am enjoying India with her even more. Indonesia is still to come, and I am interested in her take on that country, since I lived there for a short time.
I started reading Anne Rice's, Christ the Lord, some time ago, but kind of let it fall by the wayside. Why, I don't really know. I just can't keep my interest in it high enough to keep at it daily. Then I started Eat, Pray, Love and that it taking up all my reading time. I do plan to finish it though.
But probably not until after The Russian Debutante's Handbook by Gary Shteyngart. It is the book club discussion book for August, at the library. So I need to read it next, even though that will be cutting it very close. The meeting is in the last week of the month. I hope I like it. If not, I probably won't worry about finishing it or going to the meeting. I am more interested in reading Anne Tyler's Digging to American and Ursula Hegi's Hotel of the Saints.

4 Comments:

At 8/04/2010 4:22 PM, Blogger A.Marie said...

OH! Thanks for posting about Eat, Pray, Love...I didn't know who was the author of this book, but now I do! I had also wanted to read the book, but I couldn't remember who wrote it!! THANK YOU!! :)

 
At 8/04/2010 4:24 PM, Blogger A.Marie said...

Do you have a way that people can follow your blog? I'd like to be a follower but I couldn't find anything to click! :)

 
At 8/04/2010 4:57 PM, Blogger Wanda said...

Glad it helped, A.Marie! I hope you like it as much as I do. Also, to follow this blog, I think you can go to your Reading List in your Blogger Dashboard and click the Add button there, then type in my blog's URL. Not sure though... maybe I should see about getting the 'Followers' widget... Thanks.

 
At 8/27/2010 6:49 AM, Blogger O. said...

I've got eat pray love sitting on my nook waiting to be read.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home