The Bee Hive

Sometimes it's honey; sometimes it's sting...

Monday, July 19, 2010

MUFFIN TIN MONDAY


There was some discussion on the Swap-Bot forums recently about cute lunches, etc. and someone mentioned 'Muffin Tin Monday' - a blog that has a show and tell each week that showcases lunches like this. There is also a Flickr group for this. I don't know if I will keep this up, but here is one I made for Mathieu. From the top, clockwise: Raw broccoli, cut up peaches from our tree, and oranges, mayocoba beans with shredded cheese on top, star shaped toast spread with peanut butter and topped with raisins. In the middle is some ranch dressing for the broccoli. Actually, he didn't eat it. He wasn't hungry earlier, and by the time I went ahead and prepared it anyway at 1pm, and called him, he had gone to Beeville for the afternoon/evening. So I ended up eating it myself that night as a before bedtime snack. ;)

3 Comments:

At 7/19/2010 3:21 PM, Blogger Amy Guobadia said...

Very interesting... I must try.

 
At 7/20/2010 12:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty. I've never heard of mayocoba beans. Fill us in, please.

Jan

 
At 7/20/2010 1:26 AM, Blogger Wanda said...

Thanks. I bought a pkg. of dried mayocoba beans at HEB last month. They are yellow in the bag, but cooked, as you can see they look almost exactly like pintos. They taste different though, although I can't really describe how,....maybe sort of like dried limas?... and they are a little larger and are very slick/smooth. They can't take the place of pintos, but they were really good, for a change. I think they are a crop of Peru.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home