The Bee Hive

Sometimes it's honey; sometimes it's sting...

Saturday, October 10, 2009

HAUNTED HOUSE POSTCARD

This is the postcard I received from the "Handmade Halloween Postcard With Verse" swap I joined on Swap-Bot. Thanks, Terry F. from Canada!!! :) On the back was a poem she found, although she couldn't identify the author:

ALL HALLOW'S EVE
I hide behind the sofa quivering in fear
Now the witching hour is near.
The curtains are drawn tight,
And I've turned off the lights,
The TV volume is way down low.
I sit and cower in its feeble glow.
Then comes the knock upon the door
And I curl up quivering on the floor,
My heart is pounding, my breath is shallow,
My mouth is dry, it's hard to swallow.
On All Hallow's Eve I live in mortal dread,
But not of monsters or the un-dead.
The fear that turns my heart to stone
Is Trick or Treaters knowing I'm home!

Well, that is not at all like me, but it really IS funny. :)

1 Comments:

At 10/10/2009 8:37 AM, Blogger The Cookbook Junkie said...

That is funny.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home