The Bee Hive

Sometimes it's honey; sometimes it's sting...

Monday, September 15, 2008

SLINKING IN...




It's been a month since I was here last! It's not that 1) Things are dull and I have nothing to blog about nor is it that 2) There is so much going on that I have no time to blog.
I just don't know what it is. I let blogging opportunities and photo opportunities pass. I get side-tracked and then the farther behind in blogging I get, the stronger the tendency is to just keep on letting it go. I still blame it on getting my new camera. By the way, my old one that broke irrepairably? Mathieu was running around in his yard yesterday with it taking photos. He now has a new memory card for it. I should have let him - young child that he is - work on it for me, before I gave up and gave it to him as a 'toy'.

Anyway - the photos above... The first one is one of several shots of the sky I took on my way down the highway last month. I noticed the rainbow colored wavy clouds lines showing from behind a huge, larger cloud. Strange. They were much brighter and more obvious in real life than in my photo.

Then there is Mathieu - the proud new owner of the camera formerly known as mine. It was Grandparent's Day at school last Monday morning, so we went and saw his classroom, playground, and other spots around campus.

The third photo is of a handmade stuffed felt owl I made for a Halloween ornament swap on Swap-Bot. I hope to mail it out today.

My other plans for today are to order more materials for two of the religious education classrooms at church, haul some garbage to the dump (fasinating, I know), deliver some things that need delivering, and start on some more artsy things - some handpainted postcards, a Halloween whimsey jar - all for swaps and then maybe soon, some for myself. I have an idea for the 'captured fairy' type jars that I want to try. Photos (eventually) if successful!

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 9/18/2008 9:21 PM, Blogger D7ana said...

You've got lovely photos, Wanda. Are these with your new camera? Lucky Mathieu! Amazing how clever the "kids" are with modern technology. (Yikes, telling on my age there! LOL)

D7ana
DollStoriesandPhotos Yahoo Group
http://phillycollector.blogspot.com

 
At 9/18/2008 9:49 PM, Blogger Wanda said...

Thank you, Dana. The August 9th entry is the beginning of the photos with the new camera. :/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home